Friday, March 27, 2015

Society for Cinema and Media Studies Conference, 2015


This year it has been excellent to attend the Society for Cinema and Media Studies conference in Montreal, Canada. While I am not presenting this year, I am grateful to gain new insights by studying the work of scholars and colleagues who have prepared an astounding 485 panels. This year I intend to focus on panels that discuss Transnational Film theory and East Asian cinemas and I will update this blog throughout the week.


I was very pleased to see my recent book, Transnational Representations: The State of Taiwan Film in the 1960s and 1970s available at the Columbia University Press/ Hong Kong University Press table in the exhibition hall this year.

Flying in to Montreal, March 2015

Downtown Montreal near the conference location

No comments:

Post a Comment